These workshops are for anybody who wishes to raise funds online for any idea, project or service.
Crowdfunding is an emerging popular online concept that anyone can use to raise money for any project or idea.
In the last 4 years more than 1000 Crowdfunding websites have sprung up around the UK raising hundreds of millions for startups, existing business and charities.
Definition: Crowdfunding is asking a crowd of people to donate or invest a defined amount of money for a specific cause or project in exchange for various rewards.
In essence, Crowdfunding is a new source of cash for start-ups, existing businesses and charities.
This introductory Crowdfunding course covers:
- What is Crowdfunding and who can benefit
- How does Crowdfunding work
- Four main types of Crowdfunding
- Examples of successful Crowdfunding campaigns
- Which is the best Crowdfunding website to use
- Crowdfunding campaign success factors
- How to set your funding target amount
- All or Nothing vs. Keep it All income models
- How to structure and promote your campaign
- Crowdfunding tools and resources
- How to deal with many investors
- What are my responsibilities after the campaign
- Why do Crowdfunding campaigns fail
- Crowdfunding Regulation & Trends
- Benefits and drawbacks to using Crowdfunding
- How to protect your intellectual property
- Who will support your campaign and by how much
Crowdfunding is not only for small projects as some companies have raised tens of millions for their ideas. Banks are not lending to small and medium sized businesses like they used to. According to Andy Haldane (Bank of England): Crowdfunding is a potential rival to traditional banking.
On completion, all course participants will gain free access to a membership website containing resources, forums, videos, magazine and newsletters to support an on-going learning experience.
How to run a successful Crowdfunding campaign
Exeter – 15th June 2017
How to run a successful crowdfunding campaign workshop
Venue: Unit 3 – 4, Cranmere Court, Lustleigh Close, Exeter EX2 8PW, UK
Loughborough – 20th June 2017
Investment Ready Day – Preparing SMEs for investment.
Venue: Burleigh Court on Loughborough University’s Campus, Loughborough, UK
Online – 21st June 2017
Crowdfunding Launch Lab
Venue: 4 week online launch strategy course.
Course tutor, Anthony Lovell de Souza, has conducted more than 70 Crowdfunding workshops and presentations. He has helped many project creators understand Crowdfunding and assists with strategy and guidance. He has also helped more than 700 small to medium sized businesses gain and expand their presence online. He has also had years of national fundraising and teaching experience and currently runs his own online digital marketing agency and consultancy.